- In just under 2 decades, per capita pizza consumption of pizza has gone up 41%.
- On any given day 13% of Americans eat pizza, an individual average consumption of 744 calories.
- Four percent (4%) of that pizza is eaten for breakfast, 54% for snacks and lunches, leaving the remaining 42% of the pie for dinner.
- Top-5 toppings: Pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, sausage, and bacon.
- About 40% of pizza orders are for “a regular pie,” meaning just plain cheese. “Extra cheese” is considered a topping and was #6 on the toppings list, just ahead of black olives.
- Pizza consumers get between 25% and 33% of their daily energy from pizza.
- From a nutritional perspective a daily serving of pizza accounts for 50% of consumers’ lycopene, 39% of saturated fat, 37% of calcium, and 35% of protein.
- That’s the word from the experts. What about the loyalists?
- Domino’s (90%)
- Papa John’s (87%)
- Pizza Hut (83%)
- Little Caesars (81%)
- Papa Murphy’s (80%)
- Sbarro (75%)
- Chuck E. Cheese (70%)
Connect with Robert on LinkedIn.
Find out more about what makes customer loyalty happen and how Brand Keys metrics is able to predict future consumer behavior: brandkeys.com. Visit our YouTube channel to learn more about Brand Keys methodology, applications and case studies.Share this: