A Soldier, a Sailor, an Airman, a Coast Guardsman, and a Marine found themselves at the Pearly Gates of Heaven. While they were waiting to be admitted they got into an argument about which branch of the service was the best.
When they got to Saint Peter they decided only he could be the ultimate source of truth and honesty, so the five servicemen asked him, “Saint Peter, which branch of the United States Armed Forces is the best?”
Saint Peter replied, “I can’t answer that. However, I will ask God what He thinks the next time I see Him. Meanwhile, thank you for your service on Earth, and welcome to Heaven.”
Sometime later the five servicemen ran into Saint Peter again and reminded him of the question they had asked when first entering Heaven, and if he was ever able to ask God for the answer to their question?
Suddenly, a sparkling white dove landed on Saint Peter’s shoulder. In the dove’s beak was a glistening golden note. Saint Peter opened the note. Trumpets blared, golden light beamed, harps played crescendos, and the Heavenly choir sang. Saint Peter read the note aloud to the five servicemen:
MEMORANDUM FROM THE DESK OF THE ALMIGHTY
TO: All Former Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Coast Guardsmen, and Marines
SUBJECT: Which Military Service Is the Best
- All branches of the United States Armed Forces are honorable and noble.
- Each serves America well and with distinction in both war and peace.
- Each branch of the armed services is comprised of patriots.
- Serving in the United States military represents a great honor warranting special respect, tribute, and dedication from your fellow man.
- Always be proud of that and honor all our veterans and their love of country.
GOD, USMC, Ret.
Find out more about what makes customer loyalty happen and how Brand Keys metrics is able to predict future consumer behavior: brandkeys.com. Visit our YouTube channel to learn more about Brand Keys methodology, applications and case studies.Share this: